Saturday, March 18, 2017

I found this recipe ages ago....



well about 2 years ago and it became one of my favorite recipes.


Here's the original     Heidi St John"s Chicken Marsala
copied exactly from the link above....

§ " 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (I double this recipe every time.)
§  4 Tbsp coconut oil
§  1 Cup sliced mushrooms
§  1/2 cup Marsla wine
§  1/4 cup cooking sherry
§  1/4 cup flour
§  1/2 tsp salt
§  2 tsp thyme
§  1 tsp dried oregano

How to make it:
1.  In a bowl, mix together  flour, garlic salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
2.  Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
3.  Take a large skillet add coconut oil and heat over medium heat
4.  Place the chicken and lightly brown on both sides.
5.  Take chicken out and set aside.
6.  Add mushrooms to same skillet, add 1 T more coconut oil, sauté
7.  Pour wine and sherry and cover skillet. Whisk until creamy.  If you need to, you can thicken with flour.
8.  Put chicken back in.
9.  Simmer chicken 10 min and turn over.
10.             Cook for another 5 min or until no longer pink
Easy, peasy!

Three cheers for CHICKEN MARSALA!"

I tweak it to make it my own.

I use gluten free flour mix from Aldi and I use apple juice in place of the cooking                                    sherry and Marsala Wine.


To be completely honest, we are not foodies, and I did try it a few times with cooking sherry and Marsala cooking wine, but we didn't notice a big flavor difference, and the idea of cooking sherry and marsala wine, bothered us, so apple juice it is.


I serve it with rice and a nice canned veggie..... (I know a salad or a frozen veggie or fresh would be better, but better eating comes one step at a time.



Until next time,
blessings from under the maple leaves......

No comments:

Post a Comment